2009年9月24日木曜日

IAICS 2

On Friday, it was the first day of conference. I was worked as making coffee for the participants. Two students who went to Kumamoto University and Yurie were too. I arrived at KGU at 8 a.m. and learned to make coffee from Hiroko. She was a freshman in Kumamoto University and was from Nagasaki. Her intonation was a little different from me. For example, she said 'bari' as 'cho.' Making coffee was very easy so I could acquire the skill easily. We made coffee at second floor. There were a few people came there to drink coffee so we were not busy.
At the lunch time, I worked as showing the way to the cafeteria. Some of participants, who I took to the hotel yesterday, remembered me and waved their hands at me with smile. I was very glad to see that. After most people went to the cafeteria, I stopped showing the way and started working as handing out lunch. Then, some of student assistants and I had lunch. I was very hungry so I ate a lot. After we finished eating, we cleaned up the cafeteria. We started making coffee again. There was a past presidents' panel from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. We served drinks to participants. Cleaning up after that was hard but every assistant and teacher worked together.

On Saturday, it was the second day of conference. My work was like the first day.

On Sunday, it was the final day of conference. We worked as making coffee and receptionist for JAFAE. It was a first time I became the receptionist so one of professors helped us. People who wanted to register were most Japanese so I felt a little easy. After that, I worked like the days before. We cleaned up the site from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. After that, we, student assistants, received salaries.
The banquet was held at Hotel Nikko Kumamoto so some students went there by bicycle. I had never been there and the hotel was very impressive. When we arrived there, we went to the rest room. On the way, I found the participants who were from China. They didn't come the conference that day, so I thought they went back to China. They were kind to me so I was sad. So I felt really happy to find them at the banquet. The banqueting hall was great and I enjoyed eating and taking pictures with the participants. The banquet was short to me because I wanted to talk and take pictures more.
The way to my home, I felt like that I was in some place far removed from reality. (438 words)

0 件のコメント: