2009年11月5日木曜日

Pamela


Oh my parents! I didn't know what to say! But now I think I understand why I
don't hate him. I'm afraid I'm beginning to love this gentle Mr. B. But don't
worry, I won't lose my virtue now.


I leaned about "Pamela" in a British literary history class. I wanted to read it because I liked love story and I wanted to know why "Shamela Andrews" was written after "Pamela" was published. It was easy to understand Pamela who is a maid in a big country house and Mr. B who her mistress's son's feeling because this story was written in an epistolary style. So we could read it through their letters. It was a first time I read the novel like it.
The subtitle of "Pamela" is "Virtue Rewarded." I think that Pamela excessively insisted on keeping her virtue from Mr. B. I think she was scared to accept her love for him. Then she escaped from him and tried to go home. I couldn't cotton to her character. I think Mr. B might judged her by her appearance.
It was interesting and I want to read "Shamela" soon.

It was written by Samuel Richardson, published by Black Cat Publishing, YL is 4.5 ~5.5 and 15,500 words. (189 words and toal 7,783 words)

0 件のコメント: